By Bella Ogechukwu | naijaonpoint.com.ng
Raving Nigerian musician and sensational songwriter, Chukwuka Ekweani, popular known as CKay has attained another milestone in his musical career.
The multiple award winning singer officially joins Wizkid as the highest awarded Nigerian acts to sell over 2 million units in the United States Of America. CKay’s smash hit single, ‘Love Nwantiti’ has now sold over 2 million units in the US.
This achievement now makes CKay eligible for a Double-Platinum record. An album or a single is eligible for a Platinum award in the United States Of America after it has sold over a million copies.
- StorsPay, a Nigerian Decentralized Retail Investing Platform, Raises $320,000 and Gets Accepted into Techstars NYC Accelerator
- Ugandans in USA Pool Funds to Support Impressive ‘Young Engineers’ Team at World Robotics Championship
- Samini headlines maiden edition of Adonko Ghana Festival Ohio
- Nigerian Artist, Oluseyi Soyege, Wins Another Top U.S. Laurel
- Hundreds of Sudanese-Americans terrified for family and friends back home
Prior to Ckay’s achievement, Wizkid was the only artist who had sold over 2 million copies with ‘Essence’ featuring Tems. You would recall that in November 2021, Wizkid and Tems were awarded for the 2x Platinum record in U.S.
See Ckay’s Love Nwantiti achievement below;
Ckay is a distinctive Nigerian act with a unique approach to making music. He’s best known for his chart topping record, ‘Love Nwantiti’. The melodic singer is currently signed to Warner Music, South Africa
You must log in to post a comment.