By Sahel Standard Magazine
President-Elect of the United States, Joe Biden, has named a Nigerian-American, Osaremen Okolo as one of his COVID-19 policy advisor. Okolo was among 100 names announced as additional members of the White House staff by the Biden transition team.
Biden is expected to be sworn-in on January 20.
- Afra Grill | A place for Somali gourmet, with characteristics of Indian, Mediterranean, and Ethiopian food.
- Tani Adewumi: Meet the 10-year-old Nigerian refugee who became a national chess master
- US announces priority appointments for Nigerians applying for student visa
- Afriex raises $1.2M for African expansion
- North Alabama announce signing of Ugandan forward Nkurunungi and goalkeeper Musoke
Okolo, born to Nigerian parents, currently serves as a Senior Health Policy Advisor at the US House of Representatives.
She has also worked as a legislative aide for health policy at the United States Senate.
Read from source Sahel