By Ebimo Amungo
The professionals among the Nigerian community in America recently organised an event where a number Nigerian-Americans in the Biden Administration were recognized for their excellence.
News of the event was brought to light in a tweet by Dr. Ngozi Okonji-Iweala, the Director-General of World Trade Organisation.
- StorsPay, a Nigerian Decentralized Retail Investing Platform, Raises $320,000 and Gets Accepted into Techstars NYC Accelerator
- Ugandans in USA Pool Funds to Support Impressive ‘Young Engineers’ Team at World Robotics Championship
- Samini headlines maiden edition of Adonko Ghana Festival Ohio
- Nigerian Artist, Oluseyi Soyege, Wins Another Top U.S. Laurel
- Hundreds of Sudanese-Americans terrified for family and friends back home
Among the honorees at the event were Senior Advisor, Global Markets at the U.S Department of Commerce and Biden appointee at the International Trade Administration Ike Umunnah; Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Akunna Ezinwa Cook; Member of IM COVID-19 response team Osaremen Okolo, Director of the United States Trade and Development Agency Enoh T. Ebong; White House Counsel Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo; Deputy Director for the Office of Health & HIV/AIDS, Africare Kechi Achebe; as well as Chief Innovation Officer at US Dept. of Labor Chike Aguh.