By Ebimo Amungo
The professionals among the Nigerian community in America recently organised an event where a number Nigerian-Americans in the Biden Administration were recognized for their excellence.
News of the event was brought to light in a tweet by Dr. Ngozi Okonji-Iweala, the Director-General of World Trade Organisation.
- Algerian rapper Soolking plays Harlem’s Apollo during debut US tour
- WITH BIGGER THAN AFRICA, TOYIN ADEKEYE UNIFIES PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENTS
- Boubini Miyensinte Jones-Wonni | 22 year Old NIgerian is best graduating Medical Student in Howard University, gains scholarship to Harvard Medical School
- Common mistakes Nigerians make in America – Model Joseph Water
- Montgomery College Professor Receives Fulbright Scholarship to study Ghana’s Mediated Call on The Year of Return.
Among the honorees at the event were Senior Advisor, Global Markets at the U.S Department of Commerce and Biden appointee at the International Trade Administration Ike Umunnah; Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Akunna Ezinwa Cook; Member of IM COVID-19 response team Osaremen Okolo, Director of the United States Trade and Development Agency Enoh T. Ebong; White House Counsel Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo; Deputy Director for the Office of Health & HIV/AIDS, Africare Kechi Achebe; as well as Chief Innovation Officer at US Dept. of Labor Chike Aguh.