Citigroup Inc named Nigeeian-American Titi Cole as the chief executive officer of its legacy franchises segment, primarily consisting of the consumer businesses that the bank’s set to exit soon, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.
Cole is a veteran in the banking industry with nearly 30 years of experience and has previously worked at Wells Fargo and Bank of America, the memo from Citi Chief Executive Officer Jane Fraser said.
- African Diaspora Festival celebrates identity and culture at Underground Railroad Museum
- Mana Abdi | Somali American legislative candidate is poised to make history in the Maine Legislature
- African Street Festival returns to Hadley Park September 16-18
- U.S. Expects to Use All Employment-Based Green Cards This Year
- St. Louis police shoot and kill Sudanese man after standoff
Cole joined Citigroup in 2020 as the head of global operations and fraud prevention in the bank’s Global Consumer Banking (GCB) segment. She is also the unit’s chief client officer.
The appointment is effective immediately, the bank said.