Ali Velshi is a Ismaili Muslim of Gujarati Indian descent who was born in Nairobi, Kenya. His family moved to Canada in 1971. Over the years has worked diligently and climbed the corporate ladder to host his own show on MSNBC called Velshi & Ruhle, complete with an office on the esteemed NBC headquarters in New York.
The Rise of the African Multinational Enterprise: The most authoritative book on private enterprise in Africa. Get a Copy from SPRINGER
- Grace Kinda | This Kenyan entrepreneur Brings African Beauty Knowledge to Colorado and the West
- Maaza Mengiste | Ethiopian-American author says ‘My 20-year-old self never realised you could become a writer’
- Larbi Mirikan | the Moroccan who crossed the Atlantic in a fishing boat to America
- ‘You can’t be president for life’ | Disputed Houston election splinters Nigerian women’s club
- Biden Promises to End Trump’s Muslim and African ‘Travel Ban’. But Its Legacy Will Be Felt for Years
Ali Velshi is today an influential broadcaster who uses his platform to weigh-in on political issues.
In this video, he urges Americans to vote with a poignant personal story.