By Chike Olisah | Nairametrics.com
The outgoing Nigerian Ambassador to the United States of America, Justice Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, is dead. His death was confirmed in a statement which was issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the Nigerian President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu, through a series of tweet posts on his official Twitter handle on Friday, December 11, 2020.
According to media reports, the 85-year-old diplomat was said to have died on Thursday night in a hospital in Maryland in the US.
What the Presidential media aide is saying
Garba Shehu, in his statement, said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed heartfelt commiserations with the family, friends, and associates of Nigeria’s outgoing Ambassador to the United States, Justice Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor over his demise.
- Algerian rapper Soolking plays Harlem’s Apollo during debut US tour
- WITH BIGGER THAN AFRICA, TOYIN ADEKEYE UNIFIES PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENTS
- Boubini Miyensinte Jones-Wonni | 22 year Old NIgerian is best graduating Medical Student in Howard University, gains scholarship to Harvard Medical School
- Common mistakes Nigerians make in America – Model Joseph Water
- Montgomery College Professor Receives Fulbright Scholarship to study Ghana’s Mediated Call on The Year of Return.
“In a telephone call to Jane, the widow of the retired justice in New York on Friday, the President described Ambassador Nsofor as an outstanding judge of rare courage and truth who is not afraid to give justice to whom justice is due.
Apparently referring to the 2003 presidential election during which Justice Nsofor delivered a minority judgment as a member of the Election Appeal Panel in favour of Buhari as the candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), the President said the country would miss people with such exemplary pedigree.
“President Buhari, who has directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to work with Justice Nsofor’s family on the burial arrangements, prayed God to comfort all who mourn the departed jurist and grant his soul eternal rest.”
Read from source nairametrics.com