By onsitenewss | Opera News Ghana
Three Ghanaians were part of the celebrations as the Columbus Crew emerged as winners of the Majo League Soccer Cup for 2020. The team includes Jonathan Mensah, who is the first African captain to lead an MLS side to win the MLS Cup.
- Funmi Badejo | Biden Appoints Nigerian-American as Associate Counsel
- Adebayor Ogunlesi | Global Infrastructure Partners agrees £3.4bn deal for Signature Aviation
- Global Infrastructure Partners Announces Acquisition Of MAP® Energy’s Renewable Energy Business
- Yohannes Abraham | Meet the Ethiopian American who is the head of the Biden Transition team
- Samuel Quarcoo | This man is a waiter at a Md. country club. He also helps support thousands of students in Ghana, his home country.
Harrison Afful is also part of the champion team. This cup had deluded him just last season when he came so close in winning it. But his dream has come true, by winning this cup with his team this season. The last Ghanaian is Emmanuel Boateng, who joined the Columbus Crew from LA Galaxy.
This victory is not just for the three above players, but also for every Ghanaian since it put our name out there for the world to see the potential of Ghanaian footballers.
The current coach of the Senior national team, the Black Stars, C K Akonnor has to direct his eyes also to the MLS to porch future potential players to beef up the current Black stars team.
Content created and supplied by: onsitenewss (via Opera News )