By onsitenewss | Opera News Ghana
Three Ghanaians were part of the celebrations as the Columbus Crew emerged as winners of the Majo League Soccer Cup for 2020. The team includes Jonathan Mensah, who is the first African captain to lead an MLS side to win the MLS Cup.
- Nigerian Beer Brand Star Lager Announces US Expansion
- Foluke Oyedeji-Laosebikan | Nigerian lawyer elevated to Queen’s Counsel rank in Canada
- Fund honors Sudanese woman, helps immigrants seeking citizenship
- Why Nigerians Are Immigrating to Canada in Droves
- Eugene Omoruyi Is Showing Out for Canada—and Nigeria—at March Madness
Harrison Afful is also part of the champion team. This cup had deluded him just last season when he came so close in winning it. But his dream has come true, by winning this cup with his team this season. The last Ghanaian is Emmanuel Boateng, who joined the Columbus Crew from LA Galaxy.
This victory is not just for the three above players, but also for every Ghanaian since it put our name out there for the world to see the potential of Ghanaian footballers.
The current coach of the Senior national team, the Black Stars, C K Akonnor has to direct his eyes also to the MLS to porch future potential players to beef up the current Black stars team.
Content created and supplied by: onsitenewss (via Opera News )