In America, Louis Oosthuizen finished third in the US Open at Winged Foot Golf Club and eight shots behind winner Bryson DeChambeau. The US Open is now the one Major where Oosthuizen has had the most top-10 finishes of four.
And this was also a week in which the South African broke a US Open record previously held by Jack Nicklaus.
The Rise of the African Multinational Enterprise: The most authoritative book on private enterprise in Africa. Get a Copy from SPRINGER
Oosthuizen’s first round of 67 was his eighth career 67 or lower in a US Open, which is one more than the previous record held by Nicklaus.
- Afra Grill | A place for Somali gourmet, with characteristics of Indian, Mediterranean, and Ethiopian food.
- Tani Adewumi: Meet the 10-year-old Nigerian refugee who became a national chess master
- US announces priority appointments for Nigerians applying for student visa
- Afriex raises $1.2M for African expansion
- North Alabama announce signing of Ugandan forward Nkurunungi and goalkeeper Musoke
“Finishing third in a Major is always great,” Oosthuizen told the media. “I mean, it was going to be tough.
This golf course definitely showed its teeth with the firmness of the greens and the fairways and the wind, and it was just tough.”
Read from source SuperSports