A total of twelve Ghanaians have been killed by Covid in New York as nine new deaths were recently disclosed. This comes after three people; two women and a man, were confirmed to have succumbed to the disease in March.
Dr Frank Acheampong, Ghanaian resident and health worker, disclosed this on Adom FM’s Saturday Super Weekend News.
The Rise of the African Multinational Enterprise: The most authoritative book on private enterprise in Africa. Get a Copy from SPRINGER
“You will not know how deadly this disease is if you are not a health worker and for me, six of these people died in the facility I work and in my presence,” he said.
Though he did not give details about the deceased, he said they include three women and six men, adding more Ghanaians have also tested positive to the infectious disease and undergoing treatment.
- Nigerian Beer Brand Star Lager Announces US Expansion
- Foluke Oyedeji-Laosebikan | Nigerian lawyer elevated to Queen’s Counsel rank in Canada
- Fund honors Sudanese woman, helps immigrants seeking citizenship
- Why Nigerians Are Immigrating to Canada in Droves
- Eugene Omoruyi Is Showing Out for Canada—and Nigeria—at March Madness
According to Dr Acheampong, the country seems to be recording high cases due to the failure of residents to comply with the restrictive measures that have been put in place.
“The numbers keep increasing by the day and we don’t even have places for the patients so you find them lying around in the health facilities,” he added.
Read from source Thepressradio.com