Congolese and Congolese-Americans living in America want to change the narrative around the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). They’ve launched the inaugural Congolese Diaspora Impact Summit (CDIS), which will take place in New York City on September 21st; in the midst of the United Nations General Assembly.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is a country of significant strategic importance to Africa, America and the world at large, due to its size, its resources and its potential. CDIS will be one the first Congo-focused conference of its kind in the U.S.A.
The Congolese Diaspora Impact Summit mission is to identify practical steps the Congolese diaspora can take to maximize its capital, human and financial, and make an impact in DRC.
The summit will bring together professionals of Congolese descent, as well as individuals interested in the DRC, to network and learn from leaders who are making an impact in the country in their respective fields.
- Working collaboratively to facilitate brain gain and increased development in the DRC.
- Contributing to the improvement in education and healthcare delivery.
- Identifying resources to support entrepreneurship and increase diaspora investment in the DRC.
- Extensive networking among the Congolese diaspora and individuals interested in the DRC.
- Identifying opportunities for further engagement and practical steps to make a future impact in the DRC through a post-conference white paper and follow-up discussions among Congolese diaspora organizations.
For more information, visit: www.cdis-congo.org
Culled from Face2FaceAfrica