Following the entry into force of the newly created African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), the African Union Commissioner for Trade and Industry, Amb. Albert M. Muchanga, is set to receive the Champion of Trade Award at the 2nd edition of the Trade with Africa Business Summit schedule to take place August 1st & 2nd in Chicago.
Founder of the Summit, CEO Nazaru LLC & IATF Ambassador, Mrs. Toyin Umesiri said, “We would like to congratulate Ambassador. Albert M. Muchanga on winning the 2019 “Champion of Trade” Award. His leadership in driving the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) to adoption has led to the creation of the world’s largest trade bloc. We are recognizing him as a champion in forging unprecedented alliances and consensus among African Union (AU) member countries and staying the course even in the face of global skepticism. His team’s fortitude and tenacity has paid off and positioned Africa as the next economic frontier. We extend His Excellency and the entire African Union Trade and Industry team a resounding applause for a job well done and for making Africa and all Africans; both home and abroad, proud.”
Theme of the 2019 event is: Growing U.S. – Africa Trade, Trade Financing & Developing Africa’s Supply Chain. Africa offers new markets for U.S. made products. Similarly, U.S. serves as an untapped market under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) for authentic African products (raw and manufactured).
The Trade with Africa Business Summit helps to fast-track such discussions with stakeholders from the world’s next economic frontier. This year’s event also positions the Chicago Metropolitan area and the State of Illinois as a favorable destination for Africa’s business & political leaders looking to create new trade partnerships in America.
Confirmed speakers includes:
- H.E. Ousmane Ba, Ambassador of Mauritania to the United States of America
- Shakira Motan, Trade Commissioner, South African Consulate – Chicago
- Colonel William Wyatt, Director African Studies – U.S. Army War College Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Levi Uche Madueke Head, Africa’s Strategic Partnerships Bureau of the Chairperson-African Union Commission (AUC)
- Michael Mugisha CNBC Africa – Senior Producer & News Anchor
- Dylan Piatti, Sr. Chief of Staff Deloitte and Chairman E-Commerce Forum Africa
- Dr. Andrew S. Nevin, Chief Economist -PWC Africa
- Sherman Banks, Honorary Consul Ghana – Arkansas
- Sipho Khumalo, CEO Cross Border Road Transport Agency – South Africa
- Edward T. Hightower, Author of Motoring Africa: Sustainable Automotive Industrialization
“With the signing of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), Africa’s business and political leaders want to strengthen trade partnerships. Chicago metropolitan area was selected to host the 2019 event because it offers a community with a strong commitment to global trade, a sophisticated supply chain network and a concentration of trade experts and key decision makers.” Toyin Umesiri concluded.
To learn more visit www.twasummit.com and watch event highlight video: