By Adegboyega Adeleye | Vanguard
Afrobeats sensational superstar, Chukwuka Ekweani popularly known as CKay, has earned another recognition in his stellar career.
The talented singer, songwriter, and producer has reportedly been named the best-selling African artiste in the United States of America (USA) after his record-breaking international hit song ‘Love Nwantiti’ earned over 1.6 million dollars in 2022 — which is the largest amount ever achieved by an African artiste.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) declared ‘Love Nwantiti’ platinum after it sold more than a million copies in the US alone is the first song to achieve such a milestone and it has earned over 550 million on-demand streams in the USA.
- ONE OF BIRMINGHAM’S BRIGHTEST ENTREPRENEURS, SHEGUN OTULANA, SOLD HIS COMPANY FOR $1.2 BILLION
- Dear Black America: You Should Be Paying Attention to Africa
- CKay becomes best-selling African singer in USA with ‘Love Nwantiti’
- Minnesota Africans United lobbies African Summit in support of Minnesota’s Expo 2027 Bid
- African-American Diaspora Engagement at the Core of U.S.-African Relations in Multipolar World
On Wednesday, January 11, 2023, CKay confirmed the latest achievement on his social media page after he retweeted the honourary post.
The post said: “@ckay_yo’s “Love Nwantiti” was the #47 best-selling song of 2022 in the USA.
“It becomes the 1st ever African song to achieve the milestone raking in over $1.6 million in 2022.
“It has earned over 550 million on-demand streams in the USA.”