By Sahel Standard Magazine
President-Elect of the United States, Joe Biden, has named a Nigerian-American, Osaremen Okolo as one of his COVID-19 policy advisor. Okolo was among 100 names announced as additional members of the White House staff by the Biden transition team.
Biden is expected to be sworn-in on January 20.
- Relief among Africans as Biden signs order to end Trump’s travel ban
- Biden takes the helm, appeals for unity to take on crises
- Rep. Joe Neguse | Eritrean-American to play key role as an impeachment manager in the senate trial of Donald Trump
- Ethiopia secures $1.4 billion remittance from diaspora –
- Does Africa Matter to the United States?
Okolo, born to Nigerian parents, currently serves as a Senior Health Policy Advisor at the US House of Representatives.
She has also worked as a legislative aide for health policy at the United States Senate.
Read from source Sahel